You can’t get more Arizona than this. With elegantly crafted adobe and timber suites, serene desert landscape and 300+ days of sunshine every year, The Wigwam takes the magic of the Sonoran Desert and entwines it with casual elegance. Built during the heyday of the Roaring Twenties, this iconic retreat has become an integral part of Arizona's rich resort and spa history. From three championship golf courses to outdoor tennis courts and bocce ball courts to twisting water slides, an in-house spa and signature dining spots—there's no reason to leave your personal desert oasis.
Litchfield Park, AZ
What We Love
What can we say about The Wigwam that hasn't already been said. With year-round sunshine, it's the perfect desert retreat to soak up some sun by the pool, indulge in a luxurious massage (or two) or play a round of championship golf at one of three courses. And when it comes time to unwind and dine, you don't have to go far to enjoy the signature dining spots and bars. From lip-smacking craft cocktails and southwestern-style small bites in the courtyard to swaying palm trees, cacti and beautifully manicured grounds, discover the true beauty of the Sonoran Desert.
Choose from two Valley of the Sun options that include:
- Accommodations in an Adobe Traditional King or Adobe Traditional 2 Queens room
- Daily breakfast
- Swimming, golf and tennis to your heart’s content
- Three outdoor pools, water slides, nine tennis courts and a myriad of lawn games
- Arizona's only resort with 54 holes of championship golf
- Depending on Vacayou option, rejuvenating (50-minutes) spa treatment
- Depending on Vacayou option, 18 holes of golf per day with unlimited same-day replay
For hundreds of years, people have traveled to the Sonoran Desert for the health and relaxation benefits that the arid, sunny climate grants to both body and soul. What better way to spend your Arizona getaway than to relax at LeMonds Aveda Salon-Spa, a destination salon and spa known for luxurious skincare and body treatments that incorporate natural ingredients. The LeMonds experience is an immersive one and relaxation doesn’t end when the appointment ends. Each guest has full access to the lap pool, sauna rooms, steam rooms, Jacuzzis and relaxation rooms.
Sprinkle a pinch of fun over your Wigwam stay. With three outdoor pools, water slides, tennis courts and a myriad of lawn games, you will never run out of activities. And when you are tired of twisting down one of the exciting 25-feet water slides, rest in the poolside cabanas or take a dip in the Jacuzzi. Adjacent to the fully-equipped fitness center is the Motion Studio that provides group training sessions on yoga, power walk, body recall cardio and hydro-fit water aerobics.
The Wigwam's 54-hole championship golf courses promise unparalleled golf experiences. Select from three 18-hole courses, each offering a unique challenge for golf enthusiasts. Situated right beside the golf courses, you can find racquetball and tennis rentals on site.
Bringing the farm-to-table philosophy to the forefront, The Wigwam's restaurants support the local community with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. The multiple restaurants offer a variety of ambiances to cater to your every taste from a quiet dinner with the family to a casual outing with friends. Dine at the award-winning restaurant Litchfield's, the toast of Phoenix and a prized dining destination to locals, guests and tourists alike. For a more relaxed vibe, opt for the Red's Bar & Grill. Situated right beside The Wigwam's iconic Blue & Gold golf course, enjoy the lush outdoors with your favorite lunch and dinner menu. Or unwind with a signature craft cocktail at Wigwam Bar, overlooking the sparkling Tower Pool.
The Wigwam's resort suites, casitas and guest rooms are conveniently situated around the resort's best amenities like the three outdoor pools, family activity centers, unique restaurants, on-site tennis facility and self-park areas within the 440-acre complex. Complete with southwestern charm, The Wigwam's four-room Collections suit your different moods and means for relaxation.
Elegantly crafted in the territorial Adobe style, the Adobe Collection showcases the resort's true sense of exclusivity. Connect with the lush outdoors of 8,000 rose bushes, palm trees, flowers and citrus gardens from your private balcony or patio.
Features & Amenities
- Sparkling pools, including a kids fun zone with two waterslides, a splash pad, as well as private cabanas and relaxing Jacuzzis
- Dining options featuring Litchfield's, Red's Bar & Grill, The Wigwam Bar, and The Tower Pool Bar & Grill
- Arizona's only resort with 54 holes of championship golf, including two golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. courses
- 9 lighted, paved tennis courts including one full-size stadium court and full-service pro shop
- Fitness center offering premier cardio and Nautilus equipment, a motion studio and daily fitness offerings
- A custom-built, regulation bocce ball court, sand volleyball court, bike rentals and yard games
- State-of-the-art golf club rental
- Front Desk team available to assist guests with information about local attractions and restaurants
- Same-day laundry and dry cleaning services available for items turned in before 8:00 a.m.
- ADA transportation is available upon request (with a 24-hour notice). Accessible transportation can be arranged at Front Desk
The Wigwam is located in Litchfield Park, Arizona.