Now we know what it means to be home on the range, where the sky seemingly goes on forever and rugged beauty meets authentic Montana hospitality. With sweeping vistas of the American Northwest right outside your doorstep, Sage Lodge is one of our go-tos for a full-on wet & wild vacation of fly fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing—or any other outdoor adventure that runs us ragged. And although a Montana trip is typically focused on outdoor adventures, this luxury resort is committed to the indoor experience as well. Whether you stay in the main lodge or in a Ranch House, soothe tired muscles at the spa, or savor locally-sourced cuisine, you can't help but get lost in the ambiance.
Staying here just feels right.
What We Love
If outdoor expeditions are what you live for, this is where you belong. Montana vacations are synonymous with outdoor adventure, be it fishing, rafting, horseback riding, mountain biking or just meandering across the rugged terrain. Back at the lodge, you'll have all the creature comforts of home, but with a softer side of the Wild West, including deluxe guest rooms, hearty rustic fare handcrafted over an open wood fire and a world-class spa.
PS: Sage Lodge is just 35 minutes from Yellowstone National Park, which makes for a fun side trip.
You're never at a loss for something to do. Each of our hand-picked Vacayou options includes:
- Sunrise yoga
- Daily activities led by trained staff
- Gear room access and activity rentals to enhance your adventure throughout the 1,200 acres of hiking and biking trails
- Authentic Montana-inspired meals, wood-fired fare and seasonal cocktails
- Access to the private trout casting pond with fly rods and tackle
- Spa pampering plus an outdoor therapy pool, steam room and sauna
- 24-hour fitness center, large outdoor hot tub and large outdoor firepits perfect for warming up when the sun goes down
Montana is known for its “get out there, get dirty, and have fun” spirit, and at Sage Lodge, you can go full-on Montana. Yet the resort offers a softer side where relaxation is a state of mind and skilled professionals work their magic to soothe away your daily stress.
The Spa at Sage Lodge offers a menu of services ranging from massages to facials to body treatments - all with a focus on herbal fusions, natural botanicals and seasonal specialties. The most loved feature of the spa, however, is the breathtaking view of Paradise Valley from the steam room, sauna, hot tub or relaxation lounge.
Nestled in the heart of Paradise Valley, Sage Lodge is the perfect launchpad for a Montana wellness vacation. There’s so much to do and so much to see that you’ll never be at a loss for something to do. Montana vacations are synonymous with outdoor adventure, be it fishing, rafting, snowshoeing, horseback riding, mountain biking or just meandering around the ranch trails. And if fishing is your passion, Sage Lodge is a fly fishing haven with guided excursions and instruction to hone your skills on the water.
Eating well is part of the quintessential Montana experience and the two restaurants offer farm-to-table dining at its finest with house-cured meats from local ranches, garden-fresh produce from nearby farms, and, of course, plenty of Northwest craft beers and spirits.
From sunrise to sunset, guests are welcome to dine at the rustic Fireside Room. The casual eatery offers a combination of indoor and outdoor seating situated against the stunning backdrop of Paradise Valley. While the upscale Grill is the only restaurant in the region devoted to the age-old way of cooking on an open wood fire. It’s tough to beat this sensory dining experience where you are immersed in captivating flames, the crackling of firewood and the aroma of foraged herbs.
Inside and out, every space is infused with a touch of western comfort. The elegant guest rooms in the main lodge are designed as a space to unwind, de-stress or just be. Gaze out the windows, settle into a reading nook, or lounge on the balcony and lose yourself in the scenery.
There are also four free-standing Ranch Houses that offer everything you need for a group getaway or retreat, including four separate guest rooms totaling six king beds and two queen pullout sofas, with a private bathroom in each guest room. All rooms connect to a spectacular space including a full kitchen, dining area, living room, double-sided gas fireplace and private patio with outdoor fireplace. A Ranch House is ideal for families, a group of friends, or couples and can accommodate up to 16 guests.
PS: Your furry friends are more than welcome.
Features & Amenities
Your Montana adventure begins at Sage Lodge. From rugged outdoor adventures to soothing comfort indoors, the resort delivers a wide range of amenities that satisfy any demand. When you’re not outside hiking, biking or fishing, you can still treat your body well—whether in the fitness center, luxurious spa or outdoor hot tub.
- Daily staff-led on-property activities such as axe throwing, fly casting fundamentals, yoga and guided stargazing
- Private pond fly fishing
- Fly rods and tackle for use on the casting pond
- The Grill at Sage Lodge offering wood-fired fare and seasonal cocktails (currently open exclusively for private events through May 2021)
- The Fireside Room for Montana-inspired indoor and outdoor dining
- The Spa at Sage Lodge offering a menu of massages, facials, and body treatments, plus an outdoor therapy pool, steam room and sauna
- Provisions retail and gift shop
- 24-hour fitness center
- Library and gathering nooks ideal for taking in stunning vistas, chatting over coffee or cozying up with your favorite book
- Over 6,200 square feet of meeting and event space ideal for everything from large conferences to an intimate “I Do” (must be booked in advance)
- Large outdoor hot tub
- Large outdoor firepits perfect for warming up when the sun goes down
- Gear room and activity rental gear
GEAR ROOM ACCESS AND ACTIVITY RENTAL GEAR (first come first served and based on availability):
- STANLEY coolers, vacuum bottles, and backcountry picnic gear
- Hiking poles
- Folding camp chairs
- Naturalist library field guides
- Self-service stocked laundry facility
- In-room Nespresso® coffee
- High-speed Wi-Fi
Sage Lodge is located in Pray near Bozeman, Montana.