Last updated March 30, 2023
The heart is more than a pump. It actually plays an important role in our emotional experiences. Discover the benefits of an open heart chakra plus learn how you can cultivate more love and compassion in your life through two heart chakra meditations.
The heart is the most important part of your emotional being as it sends messages to the brain and controls how we feel and experience emotion. Those of us with an open heart chakra process emotions more effectively and thus find happiness and live a more enjoyable life.
cuLet’s explore how when you open your heart chakra, you cultivate more love and compassion in your life.
5 Benefits to an Open Heart Chakra
The first benefit of an open heart chakra is that you become a more empathetic person and improve your relationships. You also become more grounded in yourself.
2. Sense of Ease
The second benefit is that your life has a sense of ease. As the heart opens, the mind becomes more peaceful and relaxed. The things that seemingly once were upsetting or difficult, cease to become such a challenge.
The third benefit of an open heart chakra is that others tend to gravitate toward you. Your presence is relatable and enjoyable. In a sense, when you open your heart, your life becomes more social.
4. Positive Outlook
The fourth benefit is that when you open the heart chakra, your mindset changes. Instead of getting upset when something bad happens, you appreciate the good parts of the situation.
The fifth benefit of an open heart chakra is that as you become a positive, more vibrant person, the kinds of people who are attracted to you are responding better.
Two Guided Meditations to Open the Heart Chakra
Now that you know the five benefits to an open heart chakra, you can start to open your heart. We share two guided meditations below. Simply relax, follow along, and cultivate more love and compassion.
Try to do these meditations every day for at least six or seven weeks—and see how your life will change for the better.
Meditation for Love
- We start the meditation with a few deep breaths. Breathe in and breathe out. Do this five or six times.
- To begin the visualization, imagine that your heart is like a beautiful golden sunflower, a vibrant, smiling flower. Allow this flower to grow and get as big as your whole body. Imagine it growing even bigger. Now imagine your heart growing as big as the town you live in and then imagine it grows even bigger. Take this one step further by imagining your heart grows as big as Earth.
- With your expansive and beautiful heart, begin to think of two people. Someone you like and someone you are fond of. Imagine that your heart is sending love into their hearts like a ray of light. Do this for five minutes.
- Think of someone you like a little bit less. Someone in the neutral category. Follow the same process as the previous step. Imagine your expansive heart sending a ray of love into their heart. Continue this for a few minutes.
- Finally, you bring to mind someone you don’t especially like. Someone you don’t necessarily want to be around. Try to send love to them in the same way as previously. By sending love to this person, you expand your sense of love.
Meditation for Compassion
Compassion is an essential quality if you want an open heart chakra. To meditate on compassion, think of someone you know who is suffering. Maybe they’ve lost a loved one, maybe they have a medical condition or maybe they’re having trouble at work.
You just think of someone who is suffering and then you visualize that your heart is a beautiful flower. You imagine sending a ray of compassion into that person’s heart and as you send them compassion, their suffering lessons.
Imagine you make them feel better and you just say a phrase along the lines of “I wish you feel better, I wish you to be happy.” Do this for a few minutes and then the meditation is finished.
About the author: Stephan Davies is a channel of angels and divine beings. He runs the website The Divine Connection and regularly channels for clients from all over the world.
Read More About Opening Your Heart and Cultivating Compassion
- Preidlhof Luxury Resort: Opening Hearts for Transformational Healing
- How to Cultivate Compassion With the Loving-Kindness Meditation
At Vacayou [pronounced VACAY – YOU], we believe that travel has the power to change lives. The power to revive, rejuvenate and redirect your inner wellness warrior. And that’s why we’re here. Take an online staycation with us and change how you think about travel. Let us make it easier for you to search, discover, and book wellness and active vacations. But we don’t stop there. We are with you every step of the way—before, during and after your journey—to make sure you enjoy the most meaningful vacation ever. Vacayou is wellness travel that meets you right where you are.
There’s a whole world out there and Vacayou is here to help YOU explore it! No matter how far or how adventurous, our team scours the globe to curate the best in wellness travel.
Start the trip of your lifetime today, with Vacayou.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter