Slow down and discover your innate wisdom during this two-night introductory retreat.
Welcome to the first of its kind in the Hamptons! Shou Sugi Ban House is guided by the belief that every person walks a unique path to wellness. Sitting on three acres in the pastoral hamlet of Water Mill, adjacent to the Parrish Art Museum, Shou Sugi Ban House offers a balance between seclusion and connection through its architecture and intentional balance of public and private spaces. This thirteen-room destination spa and retreat embodies global wellness and healing-arts practices in pursuit of integrative wellness. Featuring holistic living, nutrition, education, fitness, meditation, advanced skincare, therapeutic bodywork, artful massage, and hydrotherapy, Shou Sugi Ban house is the only comprehensive wellness program in the Hamptons.
Slow Down and Discover Your Innate Wisdom
Shou Sugi Ban House honors timeless truths and curiosity through an all-encompassing and balanced approach towards mind, body and spiritual wellness. Recognizing that luxury is rooted in self-discovery and personal care, Shou Sugi Ban House's wellness program offers a full range of daily activities for all levels and includes movement, yoga, breathwork, meditation, tea and nutrition.
Inspired by Japanese Principles
Inspired by Japanese principles of wabi-sabi and a spirit of openness and exploration, Shou Sugi Ban House offers spa, healing arts, nutrition, fitness and complete wellness experiences in a holistic, educational setting. We learn from practices, scientific and spiritual, from the world’s greatest wisdom traditions and Shou Sugi Ban House is dedicated to sharing them in a genuine way.
2-Night Introductory Package:
Rates are based on double occupancy and are inclusive of service charge and taxes.
- Accommodations in Guest Studio with fireplace and garden patio
- Organic Japanese in-room amenities and nightly seasonal soak
- Daily breakfast
- One lunch and one dinner per guest
- Daily morning movement class
- One Edge of Woods massage per guest
- One private guided beach or trail walk (up to 2 hours)
|From: November 30 2020||To: December 02 2020||Package: 2 nights||Price: $1,930 Per Person||Book Now|
Shou Sugi Ban House
Shou Sugi Ban House is a luxury destination spa and retreat that embodies global wellness and healing-arts practices in pursuit of integrative wellness. Featuring holistic living, nutrition, education, fitness, meditation, advanced skin care, therapeutic bodywork, artful massage and hydrotherapy, SSBH is the only comprehensive wellness program in the Hamptons.
Located in the Hamptons, Shou Sugi Ban House is just 90 miles outside of New York City in an area celebrated for its pristine beaches, sprawling farms, vineyards and estates. Famed as the residence of countless artists and photographers who were drawn to the natural beauty and light of the land and the many villages and hamlets of the Hamptons.
Guest Studio Amenities
- Complimentary welcome gift
- Custom-built furniture by local artisan All Things Dirt
- Organic mattress, bed linens and towels
- Pure flax linen robes
- Organic Sasawashi slippers
- Organic Japanese bath amenities
- Signature Shou Sugi Ban House soaps
- Sustainable bamboo toothbrushes
- Hair dryer
- Structured water system
- Selection of Signature Shou Sugi Ban House teas and electric tea kettle
- In-room safe
- Indoor and outdoor relaxation lounges
- Thermal Suite: infrared sauna, dry sauna, and aromatic steam room
- Hydrotherapy: three contrasting outdoor plunge pools and Watsu pool
- Experience shower with chromotherapy
- Ice Fountain
- Solarium Deck
Terms & Conditions
Deposit & Gratuities:
All Retreat reservations require a 50% deposit at time of booking, with the remaining balance payable by credit card 31 days prior to your arrival. Gratuities are not included in any retreat package rate and will be added to your retreat bill upon check-out. Spa services are subject to a 20% discretionary gratuity.
Check-in begins at 3:00 pm daily. Arrivals are accepted until 8:00 pm. If you plan to check-in outside of these hours, we request that you notify our team ahead of time. Check-out is at 11:00 am.
- October through April: In the event of a cancellation more than 14 days in advance, a refund will be issued. Cancellations made within 14 days of your scheduled visit are non-refundable.
- May through September and Select Holidays: In the event of a cancellation more than 30 days in advance, a refund will be issued. Cancellations made within 30 days of your scheduled visit are non-refundable.
Please note: A change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change or additional fees.
Shou Sugi Ban House is a non-smoking property and alcohol is not permitted on site.